Author Topic: Lance Armstrong  (Read 3375 times)

Offline lfc.07.au

• Super OOT
  • Believe lads believe
    • View Profile
Re: Lance Armstrong
« Reply #30 on: 11-11-2012, 11:24:16 »
thats as big a fuck you as you'll get. No point playing it any other way really
They'll be flags, banners, costumes, scarves, a deafening cauldron of noise. Main stand, Centenary, Anfield road and the Kop singing together..for the boys

Offline kopdude

• Resident King of Boluda's
  • Owner
  • Super OOT
    • View Profile
    • The bOOTroom
"Or, you could just shut your festering word-hole. For pete's sake, you Mac people are worse than the Jesus people. Not every freaking problem's solution begins with a lower-case i."

Offline B1

• Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 15-11-2012, 09:35:42 »
think it is a really sad day for sport in general. no winners for all those years.. i heard that in one of the tours, cadel evans finished 8th and is the only one in the top 10 who hasnt had a drug charge against him.. it was clearly a culture which is probably still an issue today.. and in more sports than just cycling..

lance was a hero of mine, i wore a livestrong bracelet for years! the witch hunt to find out the truth has revealed the worst. people dedicated years and years to pin drugs on him and now that they have, i hope they feel as sad as i do.. he was the face of a sporting generation, and inspiration off and on the track..

ill try and remember him for that, he was def no worse than those in the front pack!

Offline Nosferatu

• Administrator
  • Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 17-11-2012, 22:46:44 »
Well a lot of the people who tried to at least highlight the drug taking lost their jobs. Go and listen to the link I posted in the last page to get a good view from one. Most of them do probably feel vindicated but that probably doesn't really do anything for them so far on. They have been forced out from a sport they love and have ended up in different areas. And in a lot of cases there were tainted because they spoke up.

Offline Nerik

• Global Moderator
  • Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 18-01-2013, 09:35:41 »
Finally admits what we all knew all along. Hope  he gets what he deserves.

Offline kopdude

• Resident King of Boluda's
  • Owner
  • Super OOT
    • View Profile
    • The bOOTroom
« Reply #35 on: 18-01-2013, 13:57:59 »
Nothing will happen to him.   
"Or, you could just shut your festering word-hole. For pete's sake, you Mac people are worse than the Jesus people. Not every freaking problem's solution begins with a lower-case i."

Offline Nerik

• Global Moderator
  • Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 18-01-2013, 14:47:31 »
That's comforting to hear.

Offline Nosferatu

• Administrator
  • Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 19-01-2013, 19:42:42 »
I am not so sure. He's sued a few papers and won because of this and now he's admitted to it. There's also quite a lot of people who he set out to destroy. He's apparently worth 100m so he could lose most if not all of it.

Offline Nerik

• Global Moderator
  • Super OOT
    • View Profile

anything