Author Topic: Transfer rumours thread  (Read 473739 times)

Offline shass

• Super OOT
    • View Profile
Re: Transfer rumours thread
« Reply #8055 on: 14-02-2012, 15:34:02 »
he's different from the others is he?

You are young Mouse, but you will become sceptical like me.

Offline mouse

• Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8056 on: 14-02-2012, 15:38:37 »
I just feel that if Spurs can keep players like Modric/VDV/Bale/King below 70k a week, then they'll offer Hazard the same and then it's up to him to decide to sign or not

I very much doubt Levy will break the wage structure for him because of the consequences that will have for the rest of the squad... if one breaks the structure, the rest will follow

Offline shass

• Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8057 on: 14-02-2012, 16:42:30 »
thats why he wont sign.
someone else will offer 120,000 a week or so, and he wont join spurs.

Offline mouse

• Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8058 on: 14-02-2012, 16:56:01 »
I wasn't saying that he would sign for Spurs to be fair, just said he's even more unlikely with 'Arry position in the air...

Offline Nosferatu

• Administrator
  • Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8059 on: 14-02-2012, 21:53:38 »
I just feel that if Spurs can keep players like Modric/VDV/Bale/King below 70k a week, then they'll offer Hazard the same and then it's up to him to decide to sign or not

I very much doubt Levy will break the wage structure for him because of the consequences that will have for the rest of the squad... if one breaks the structure, the rest will follow

That's an issue alright but I think there's only so long they can hold on to their best players because of that. King won't go anywhere. He's been at Spurs too long and won't get a better deal elsewhere because of his knees. Really, you're looking at a pay as you play deal which I can't see being much better anywhere else. I think Spurs probably are a bit more open in their contracts with him because of how long he's been with them. So I'd say he's on a standard deal there but they are happy to have him as he is. Too much of a risk for any other club.

VDV too may be reluctant to leave after his experience at Real. I'd say he'd be very cautious in making another move. As long as he's paid reasonably well and getting CL football, he may stay.

I don't think Modric will stay much longer. I simply don't think he can refuse the interest the likes of Utd have shown him already. He's on about 40k a week and they will offer 120k or more. 80k is the most he'll get from Spurs. On top of that you're talking about a real chance of success at Utd. He hasn't gone through that really big club experience yet. That's no disrespect to Spurs. They are doing extremely well but they are no Utd. Money alone, he could earn at the very least 3 times what he's on now. 2m a year more than what Spurs can realistically offer him. And do well at Utd, in another 2 seasons he could be on significantly more again. That's not even the important part. The chance of Premiership titles and CL titles are the real thing. The money just makes it a no brainer.

Bale though is the interesting one. He could be key to all this. The likes of Real could look to get him leaving Spurs in a very strong position to get Hazard. It really depends who is in the market.

Offline Hyypia Legend

• Super OOT
  • Neville 4-1 Oedipus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8060 on: 15-02-2012, 23:41:32 »
Let him go to Spurs, if he's prepared to play there with no manager for half the price of Real or Barca then he needs his head testing.

I want Schurrle or Cavani!

Yashin - N.Santos - Sammer - Kohler - D.Santos - Redondo - Souness - Mazzola - Di Stefano - Zico - Van Basten

Offline Nerik

• Global Moderator
  • Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8061 on: 27-02-2012, 21:06:32 »
Kagawa being linked in a 18m move.

Offline brendan_lfc

• Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8062 on: 27-02-2012, 22:49:54 »
I would love that move! He is a fantastic player (would take gotze over him though hehe)

Offline ozzie

• Perv
  • Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8063 on: 28-02-2012, 02:05:01 »
Fark... that'd be good.  Some creativity in the final third to supplement Suarez.  Also, can score a goal.

Would also take Gotze over him, but I imagine it'd be at double the price.
what?

Offline shass

• Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8064 on: 28-02-2012, 10:24:27 »
Liverpool are lining up summer spending spree with moves for Athletic Bilbao midfielder Javi Martinez, 23, Barcelona's Mali midfielder Seydou Keita, 32, and Lille's 21-year-old Belgian playmaker Eden Hazard.

thats gonna cost about 60m!

Offline brendan_lfc

• Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8065 on: 28-02-2012, 11:05:47 »
its not my money, would be happy to do all three

Offline shass

• Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8066 on: 28-02-2012, 11:51:22 »
I remember being linked to martinez for about 10m! now he has a 30m+ release clause.

Offline ozzie

• Perv
  • Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8067 on: 28-02-2012, 23:14:41 »
Farken hell.. There is no way in hell that's happening.  Would be awesome though:

Reina
GJ Skrtel Agger Enrique
     Lucas Martinez
Kuyt  Gerrard Hazard
          Suarez   

Carroll, Downing, Hendo, Keita, Kelly, Adam etc... all on the bench.  We'd have a good squad, certainly capable of top 4.

Incidentally:

Keita flattered by Liverpool link
February 28, 2012
Email Print
By ESPNsoccernet staff
Barcelona midfielder Seydou Keita has revealed he is "flattered" to be linked with Liverpool and could be ready to move to Anfield in search of regular first team football.

GettyImages
Seydou Keita: Bit part at Barcelona
Comolli has big plans

Keita, 32, has started only seven La Liga games this season for the Spanish champions and his only goal of the season came in the 4-0 Club World Cup win over Al-Sadd in December. He recently returned to the Nou Camp after representing Mali at the African Nations Cup.

Liverpool have this week been linked with a summer swoop for Keita, Athletic Bilbao's Javi Martinez and Lille's in-demand forward Eden Hazard. The player's words on Tuesday will encourage the Reds to firm up their interest.

"I am flattered by the interest of Liverpool Football Club, one of the biggest clubs in the world," said Keita, who has two years left on his deal at Barca. "However, let's wait until the end of the season with Barcelona and see what happens.

"I love Barcelona and it is difficult to find a better team than them, but I am ambitious and want to play football week in, week out.

"A challenge somewhere else is attractive to me and Liverpool are a top team with very good players."

Keita played for Marseille, Lorient and Lens in France before moving to Spain with FC Sevilla. He was signed by Barca in 2008.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1028597/barcelona's-seydou-keita-flattered-by-liverpool-linki?cc=3436
what?

Offline zaphod

• Global Moderator
  • Super OOT
  • Half-full
    • View Profile
« Reply #8068 on: 29-02-2012, 08:46:12 »
- 32 years old?  Probably closer to 40
FSG cock-sucker

Offline DanA

• Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8069 on: 29-02-2012, 11:51:10 »
Not all that keen on Keita but at least he's a DM which we desperately need. Javi Martinez would be awesome. A player of the highest caliber that would be a good DM and has also had a lot of success this season as a CB. We don't need a CB right now but when Carragher retires Martinez could be cover while either Wisdom develops or if desired Kelly moves makes the switch to developing as a CB. I'd be pretty damn happy with either option. For the most part it means Adam would be an automatic starter though and balance out are midfield.

Reina
Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique
          Lucas    Martinez

With Henderson/Adam as alternatives if we want to put out a more attacking team. It'd certainly be a formidable back seven players and fix the only issue we are having in defence (midfield tracking & DM cover). Then it's just a matter of sorting out the attack.

Regarding attack there's a hell of a lot of expensive attacking players out there I'd like but I'd be inclined to hold on to Carroll and replace Kuyt & Maxi due to age. I reckon Loic Remy would be the perfect replacement for Kuyt and just as Kuyt is versatile playing on the right wing or striker so is Remy....just quicker. I reckon between Remy and Martinez that'd be the best part of 50m though even after player sales. Can't see us having anything left to spend so would probably look to replace Maxi with Sterling or at best Hoilett rather than the ideal Hazard, Gotze or Lucas Moura.

Reina
          Lucas    Martinez
     Remy    Gerrard   Suarez
                Carroll
Doni, Bellamy, Adam, Henderson, Downing, Coates, Kelly (emg: Carragher, Shelvey, Sterling/Hoilett, Robinson)

or a quicker counter attacking option.

Reina
          Lucas    Martinez
     Suarez  Gerrard   Downing
                 Remy
Doni, Carroll, Bellamy, Adam, Henderson, Coates, Kelly (emg: Carragher, Shelvey, Sterling/Hoilett, Robinson)

Don't think we'd be overly reliant on any one individual and we'd easily switch to just about any formation.

anything