Author Topic: Fantasy World Cup Cricket League  (Read 3581 times)

Offline kopdude

• Resident King of Boluda's
  • Owner
  • Super OOT
    • View Profile
    • The bOOTroom
Fantasy World Cup Cricket League
« on: 02-02-2011, 16:13:06 »
Anyone interested?  The tournament starts in 17 days.  I started one on Cricinfo:

http://espncricinfo.fantasyleague.com/Index.aspx

bOOTroom League

League PIN: 961
"Or, you could just shut your festering word-hole. For pete's sake, you Mac people are worse than the Jesus people. Not every freaking problem's solution begins with a lower-case i."

Offline mouse

• Super OOT
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy World Cup Cricket League
« Reply #1 on: 02-02-2011, 16:26:16 »
Yes, I'll have a look in a bit. I did one on my cricket forum two years for the county championship for England and I finished in the top 400. Did a 20/20 as well and I finished 21st out of thousands.

You've all been warned ;)

Offline Nerik

• Global Moderator
  • Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02-02-2011, 16:30:37 »
MouRINHOse

Will take part.

Offline Hyypia Legend

• Super OOT
  • Neville 4-1 Oedipus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02-02-2011, 17:19:25 »
Aye go on I'll have a blast even though I know nada about it.

Be warned I also knew nothing about Ice Hockey and ended up winning my first ever fantasy league just by devising a genius startegy. While everyone else went after superstars, I built a team of grinders and players who were quality but had bad years last year as well as progressive youngsters.

The thing about sport is, the more you thik it's different, the more it's actually the same.

Yashin - N.Santos - Sammer - Kohler - D.Santos - Redondo - Souness - Mazzola - Di Stefano - Zico - Van Basten

Offline lfc.07.au

• Super OOT
  • Believe lads believe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03-02-2011, 03:54:49 »
having knowledge works against you alot, i know i overthink form guides and matchups, player assessments and all that alot and sometimes that can work against you in a fantasy league
They'll be flags, banners, costumes, scarves, a deafening cauldron of noise. Main stand, Centenary, Anfield road and the Kop singing together..for the boys

Offline mouse

• Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03-02-2011, 17:36:47 »
But at least you'll be able to know what players are in form and if they're going to bat/bowl etc if you've got the knowledge of the game.

No point in having a batsman who's going to come in at 6 and smash a few or having a bowler that only bowler that bowls part time.

I think having knowledge is key for things and this and also bothering taking notice of the games.

Btw in the fantasy football, i'm top in that one as well ;)

Offline lfc.07.au

• Super OOT
  • Believe lads believe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04-02-2011, 00:36:10 »
got my side in will be interesting to say the least
They'll be flags, banners, costumes, scarves, a deafening cauldron of noise. Main stand, Centenary, Anfield road and the Kop singing together..for the boys

Offline mouse

• Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04-02-2011, 02:08:25 »
I'll do my team closer to the first few games, see what happens in the warm up games and see if injured players make it or not

Offline lfc.07.au

• Super OOT
  • Believe lads believe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04-02-2011, 03:13:50 »
that would be the smart approach taking into account the form guide and all but me and KD are going all out from now

Offline kopdude

• Owner
  • Super OOT
    • View Profile
    • The bOOTroom
« Reply #9 on: 04-02-2011, 05:48:46 »
I won't have much time to choose players and follow who is in form or injured before the WC starts, hence why I chose now.   I am just going by current ODI rankings in choosing the players, plus reading up on some recent results, and may make some tweaks down the line.  I rarely follow cricket these days so I don't really expect to do that well in this comp.  But, its something that is fun every 4 years.

By the way, who is the best wicketkeeper in cricket these days?
"Or, you could just shut your festering word-hole. For pete's sake, you Mac people are worse than the Jesus people. Not every freaking problem's solution begins with a lower-case i."

Offline lfc.07.au

• Super OOT
  • Believe lads believe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04-02-2011, 07:35:08 »
Hard to go past Sangakkara, he costs but ive got him in my side.

Haddins solid in the one day game too so is mccullum from NZ if hes still keeping wicket for them.

Picked my side on what i know

Offline kopdude

• Owner
  • Super OOT
    • View Profile
    • The bOOTroom
« Reply #11 on: 04-02-2011, 07:59:49 »
Cool...thanks mate.   Looks like I will have to do a bit of re-adjusting then.

Offline mouse

• Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04-02-2011, 14:00:23 »
Best to pick a WK that bats in the top 3.

Like lfc as stated Sangakkara would be a great pick, great against pace and spin

Offline lfc.07.au

• Super OOT
  • Believe lads believe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 06-02-2011, 00:55:41 »
got an email, apparently there is a captain system now whereby the player you select will earn double points (positive and negative)

Offline mouse

• Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 06-02-2011, 01:39:03 »
^^^^^^^^^^

I thought they had that anyway

anything