Author Topic: Fantasy World Cup Cricket League  (Read 3539 times)

Offline lfc.07.au

• Super OOT
  • Believe lads believe
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy World Cup Cricket League
« Reply #15 on: 06-02-2011, 09:43:15 »
wasnt in the initial plans i dont think, they made sachin my captain by default. Cant argue with that
They'll be flags, banners, costumes, scarves, a deafening cauldron of noise. Main stand, Centenary, Anfield road and the Kop singing together..for the boys

Offline mouse

• Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 06-02-2011, 18:15:32 »
I'm sure they've had that before but unsure about the WC competition

Offline lfc.07.au

• Super OOT
  • Believe lads believe
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 06-02-2011, 18:19:10 »
yeah, this is part of the email i got a few days after i created my side;

Due to popular demand, we have introduced a team captain feature for the ESPNcricinfo World Cup 2011 Fantasy Cricket competition. The designated captain will score double points (both positive and negative) during matches in the Cricket World Cup and can be changed an unlimited number of times both before and during the tournament.

As a result, you have been automatically assigned Sachin Tendulkar as your captain, but you still have until 08:30 GMT on Saturday 19 February to change your captain in preparation for the first game of the tournament - Bangladesh v India. Good luck! ESPNcricnfo Fantasy Crickethttp://espncricinfo.fantasyleague.com   Please do not reply to this email as incoming emails sent to this address are not monitored.
They'll be flags, banners, costumes, scarves, a deafening cauldron of noise. Main stand, Centenary, Anfield road and the Kop singing together..for the boys

Offline mouse

• Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 06-02-2011, 21:00:35 »
I see, looks like they've introduced it to the WC and for me rightly so. Means it'll be just like the fantasy football

Offline lfc.07.au

• Super OOT
  • Believe lads believe
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 14-02-2011, 01:15:28 »
Great warm up game yest. Aust V India, the hosts were rolled for 220 when it looked like they would struggle to get 160. Aust was a good 1/112 with the last 9 wickets going for 60 runs. The indian spinners were great and really i do feel it wouldnt be a stretch to play Zaheer with 3 frontline spinners

Offline kopdude

• Resident King of Boluda's
  • Owner
  • Super OOT
    • View Profile
    • The bOOTroom
« Reply #20 on: 14-02-2011, 04:36:52 »
That was a good game.  I really did not expect India to pull it off.  But, with a win like this can also come overconfidence, especially for us.  You Aussies are a wily lot and I would not put it past you guys to "gift" this win to us and then beat us when it matters. :)
"Or, you could just shut your festering word-hole. For pete's sake, you Mac people are worse than the Jesus people. Not every freaking problem's solution begins with a lower-case i."

Offline lfc.07.au

• Super OOT
  • Believe lads believe
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 14-02-2011, 07:33:38 »
Yeah exactly, the best thing i felt for india would have been a loss then to get right into it. After the Ashes the Aussies are peaking with the one day form looking to really do well.

My pick for the final four is Sri Lanka, Aust, SA and India. I really feel pakistan will do well and will suprise a few.

When it comes to cricket im about as neutral as they get. Really enjoyed last nights game, the way the spinners bowled and the plans put in place got me very excited indeed

Offline kopdude

• Owner
  • Super OOT
    • View Profile
    • The bOOTroom
« Reply #22 on: 15-02-2011, 04:37:01 »
Your final 4 is what I predict as well.
"Or, you could just shut your festering word-hole. For pete's sake, you Mac people are worse than the Jesus people. Not every freaking problem's solution begins with a lower-case i."

Offline lfc.07.au

• Super OOT
  • Believe lads believe
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 15-02-2011, 12:04:40 »
KD we need more people for this. 3 days to go!!

Offline kopdude

• Owner
  • Super OOT
    • View Profile
    • The bOOTroom
« Reply #24 on: 15-02-2011, 14:15:13 »
I thought folks like SK and Nobody would be interested.

Offline mouse

• Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 15-02-2011, 15:41:44 »
I'll make my team tomorrow when i've got a free day

Btw Pak at 8/1 is a dark horse and i'm going to put a small bet on them

For me the banker of the WC is Tamim to be top scorer for Ban at 5/2. Great value

Offline mouse

• Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 16-02-2011, 00:03:00 »
Joined, still got £30,000 in the bank for transfers later on :)

Offline kopdude

• Owner
  • Super OOT
    • View Profile
    • The bOOTroom
« Reply #27 on: 16-02-2011, 07:34:06 »
Can you guys see if any of your friends want to join in?  I'll send an email out to mine as well.

Offline kopdude

• Owner
  • Super OOT
    • View Profile
    • The bOOTroom
« Reply #28 on: 16-02-2011, 09:40:03 »
Looks like we have 8 people so far. Would be nice to get more.  I see SK joined.  I sent out an email and posted it on FB.

Offline Falkman

• Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 16-02-2011, 10:59:43 »
I'll get onto this tonight chaps
“Take that bandage off. And what do you mean about YOUR knee? It’s Liverpool’s knee!” Bill Shankly to Tommy Smith