Author Topic: Liverpool v Brighton: FA Cup Match Thread  (Read 1970 times)

Offline ManxRed

• Super OOT
  • You B*st*rds!
    • View Profile
Re: Liverpool v Brighton: FA Cup Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: 15-02-2012, 13:18:34 »
as a season ticket holder manx, do you have wish for an upset at all? not even a bit, it would be understandable...

No, I'm staunch Liverpool, always have been. My missus is staunch Brighton, and with the new stadium, and the fact that I really like watching football as much as possible, I secretly bought us both season tickets,  they went on sale about the time of her birthday, and that was her present.

Imagine my glee at drawing Liverpool in the Carling Cup. I sat on my hands and nudged her all through the match, especially when we scored. She took great delight in announcing in ever increasing volume to those around her, that I was a Liverpool supporter. Thanks Luv. I survived.

I want Liverpool to win, all the time every time.

I do have a soft spot for Brighton though. But Liverpool need to win on Sunday, not least because she'll carp on about it for bloody months if we don't.
Sometimes I use big words I don't always fully understand in an effort to make myself sound more photosynthesis.

Offline Robser

• Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 15-02-2012, 13:27:43 »
             Reina
Kelly Carragher Skertl Enrique

Johnson Gerrard Adam Bellamy

Suarez Carroll

I personally would give Agger a rest given his injury record and I would try GJ right side midfield seen as we have no wingers still. I dont consider downing a footballer anymore. If not this, id put Johnson LB and give Enrique a rest also and play Maxi RM.
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.

24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence?
I think not.

Offline shass

• Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 15-02-2012, 14:25:25 »
as a season ticket holder manx, do you have wish for an upset at all? not even a bit, it would be understandable...

No, I'm staunch Liverpool, always have been. My missus is staunch Brighton, and with the new stadium, and the fact that I really like watching football as much as possible, I secretly bought us both season tickets,  they went on sale about the time of her birthday, and that was her present.

Imagine my glee at drawing Liverpool in the Carling Cup. I sat on my hands and nudged her all through the match, especially when we scored. She took great delight in announcing in ever increasing volume to those around her, that I was a Liverpool supporter. Thanks Luv. I survived.

I want Liverpool to win, all the time every time.

I do have a soft spot for Brighton though. But Liverpool need to win on Sunday, not least because she'll carp on about it for bloody months if we don't.

ah dead on manx. I asked my friend who's a pool fan the same question after a year as a fulham season ticket holder. he said nah, fk that, i hate fulham and fulham fans now, and he didnt renew his ticket this season.

Offline NickiHarper

• Master OOT
  • LFC - YNWA - JFT96
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 16-02-2012, 13:52:23 »
I dont even know what team I want, they all are pretty bad at the moment. Hell, play Sterling, Suso and Eriksen :)

~ you never walk the fuck alone! ~

Offline ManxRed

• Super OOT
  • You B*st*rds!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 16-02-2012, 14:24:38 »
One of the Brighton players is a roofer who did Gerrard's house extension.

Mind you, he's not bad. Velcro feet, their best dribbler.

He's already announced that he won't celebrate the goal if he scores!!
Sometimes I use big words I don't always fully understand in an effort to make myself sound more photosynthesis.

Offline Nerik

• Global Moderator
  • Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 16-02-2012, 14:34:12 »
Which guy would that be?

Offline ManxRed

• Super OOT
  • You B*st*rds!
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: 16-02-2012, 14:44:13 by ManxRed »

Offline ManxRed

• Super OOT
  • You B*st*rds!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 16-02-2012, 14:41:12 »
Alan Navarro is a regular first teamer as well. He used to be in our reserves a while back.

Offline Nerik

• Global Moderator
  • Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 16-02-2012, 14:49:06 »
Yeah remember him. Not sure if he is of Maltese descent.

Offline Nerik

• Global Moderator
  • Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 19-02-2012, 15:42:55 »
Reina, Johnson, Enrique, Carragher, Skrtel, Adam, Gerrard, Downing, Henderson, Carroll, Suarez. Subs: Doni, Maxi, Coates, Kelly, Kuyt, Shelvey, Spearing.

Offline NickiHarper

• Master OOT
  • LFC - YNWA - JFT96
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 19-02-2012, 17:24:30 »
Looks good this one!

Suarez/Carroll scores in second!
~ you never walk the fuck alone! ~

Offline B1

• Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 19-02-2012, 17:31:29 »
loving the 2 upfront!

Offline Fenry

• Master OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 19-02-2012, 19:32:47 »
They actually scored more goals than us and lost!?

That Dunk goal is going into the history books.

Offline B1

• Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 19-02-2012, 19:52:25 »
top performance today... think we look so much better with suarez and carrol on. apparently it was the 1st time gerrard and the 2 of them have started together. still not convinced by downings performance (wasnt terrible though) or hendersons but i thought everyone else played very well... interesting to see if carrol has played himself into carling cup contention along side suarez now...

Offline Nerik

• Global Moderator
  • Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 19-02-2012, 20:27:13 »
Good overall. Was worries when they equalised but once we upped the pressure again there was only going to be one winner. Could have been double figures thanks to their horrible defending and their mad keeper. Suarez and Carroll did well as I must say did Downing. Skrtel is impressing me time and again.

anything