Author Topic: Liverpool v Brighton: FA Cup Match Thread  (Read 2047 times)

Offline B1

• Super OOT
    • View Profile
Re: Liverpool v Brighton: FA Cup Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: 19-02-2012, 21:56:13 »
i think skrtel is the most improved player we have this year, him and aggar in defence have been immence!

Offline brendan_lfc

• Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 20-02-2012, 04:51:49 »
could have won 10-1! Seriously have to score a penalty! It is getting ridiculous, suarez's penalty was awful!

Offline shass

• Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 20-02-2012, 10:11:49 »
Hopefully i'm talking shite, but thats a dangerous scoreline to now be going up against another championship team.

I thought we still struggled in midfield up until 60 mins, then we took over completely.
I thought downing looked a lot more dangerous, carrolls touch was better,
I also too have been impressed by skrtel, and dont mind saying I completely had written him off, I thought he would never learn to be a disciplined defender, he made fouls over and over, but he's cut that out, he stands up more and only tackles when he needs to, he heads it further now!, he takes up good positions and the partrnership with agger has been world class. I think steve clarke might deserve credit there, but cant be sure. Skrtel's been like a new quality signing.

Offline shass

• Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 20-02-2012, 13:05:59 »
!

Offline Nosferatu

• Administrator
  • Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 20-02-2012, 20:40:28 »
Just saw some of the second half at which point Brighton collapsed. The thing about Skrtel was that he was very good initially for us. I am not sure what it is that has him good then and good now. He's been a goal threat too which is good to see.

Offline mouse

• Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 21-02-2012, 00:54:03 »
Just saw some of the second half at which point Brighton collapsed. The thing about Skrtel was that he was very good initially for us. I am not sure what it is that has him good then and good now. He's been a goal threat too which is good to see.

Or just maybe, give Liverpool credit by saying we dominated the match instead of the other team collapsing?

Offline ozzie

• Perv
  • Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 21-02-2012, 09:06:06 »
Haha nos the contrarian in 3 arguments in 3 threads. Whodathunkit?
what?

Offline Robser

• Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 21-02-2012, 09:19:37 »
Carroll looked a bit better and was one of our better performers in this game but still, needs to do much more for me. I think he enjoyed the physical fight with their defender and it doesnt have to be that to get him going, he should be the one begining physical fights with defenders and bullying them, not waiting for it to be brought on to him to get him up and reacting to it.
I want much more from him still but it was a decent enough performance from him.

Sorry, still dont think downing was great. He did well for carrolls goal and did ok in aprts but too often he doesnt take his man on and passes it back to his full back or CM. Henderson was awful.
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.

24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence?
I think not.

Offline shass

• Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 21-02-2012, 09:50:28 »

Or just maybe, give Liverpool credit by saying we dominated the match instead of the other team collapsing?

did we really dominate the first half? I thought we dominated the last 30 minutes.

Offline Nerik

• Global Moderator
  • Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 21-02-2012, 10:08:22 »
We may not have dominated the first half, but we sure were the better side throughout the game, by far. We won 6-1..........good enough for me.

Offline shass

• Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 21-02-2012, 10:47:02 »
good enough for me too, but i'm not going to say we dominated the match when we didnt.
Give Brighton their dues they put it up to us for a good while, but eventually our superiority shone through.

Offline Nerik

• Global Moderator
  • Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 21-02-2012, 11:22:07 »
Not too sure they did that much Shass. We were all over them first 10-15mins. They had a decent spell before the equaliser, but never did much. We then went on to massacre them. We had corner after corner, them clearing off the line etc. and once the 2-1 went in there was never much in the game.

Offline mouse

• Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 21-02-2012, 13:26:41 »

did we really dominate the first half? I thought we dominated the last 30 minutes.

They had pretty much one shot on target throughout the whole game

Offline mouse

• Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 21-02-2012, 13:27:10 »
Haha nos the contrarian in 3 arguments in 3 threads. Whodathunkit?

I'm not even going to look in the John Barnes thread :lol:

Offline Nerik

• Global Moderator
  • Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 21-02-2012, 13:45:05 »
Idiot!