Author Topic: Liverpool v Brighton: FA Cup Match Thread  (Read 1949 times)

Offline Nosferatu

• Administrator
  • Super OOT
    • View Profile
Re: Liverpool v Brighton: FA Cup Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: 21-02-2012, 20:13:29 »
Or just maybe, give Liverpool credit by saying we dominated the match instead of the other team collapsing?

Well I just saw the goals going in and thought it was very much working against them. However we can now say Carroll is worth the 35m, Downing of course got an assist so take that all the flutes who questioned him. And Adam got MOM on soccernet. So now everything is rosy.

Offline kopdude

• Resident King of Boluda's
  • Owner
  • Super OOT
    • View Profile
    • The bOOTroom
« Reply #46 on: 21-02-2012, 20:18:50 »
I don't see anyone saying everything is rosy.  It was a good team performance regardless of how they played.  it took us a bit to get going and we had a bit of luck, but we completely deserved the win.
"Or, you could just shut your festering word-hole. For pete's sake, you Mac people are worse than the Jesus people. Not every freaking problem's solution begins with a lower-case i."

Offline Nosferatu

• Administrator
  • Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 21-02-2012, 21:52:48 »
Ah look, don't get me wrong. But when you see a team start conceding the goals they did towards the end, I call it a collapse. Some of them were absolutely comical especially the Dunk OG. I would expect any Championship team to hold it together a bit better than that. That's not taking away anything from us. We can only play who's put in front of us. I only saw the second half but I though the two OGs were just unlucky on their part and went a long way to helping the scoreline.  That's not to suggest they should have done better or we didn't deserve to win. At that point we were 3-1 up and always going to win. I just would have expected them to hold it better and not concede 6. Which could have and should have been 7.

Offline Nerik

• Global Moderator
  • Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 22-02-2012, 08:47:46 »
Not taking away anything from us? Did you give credit for anything? No. You just mention the factors that helped us win that were created by the other team. Our team got 0 praise from you as usual. Saying we did well is not saying all is rosy as you try to imply.......as usual.

Offline shass

• Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 22-02-2012, 09:36:45 »
Praise? aye well done, we hammered a shite team. its hardly anything to get excited about.
At the minute we are still having a shite season in my eyes, and i dont think we deserve an awful lot of credit just yet.
Sure, (except OT game) it looks like we might be turning a corner, but I'm still frustrated by the season we are having and am not about to start saying how good we are just yet.

Offline Nerik

• Global Moderator
  • Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 22-02-2012, 09:46:14 »
Is anyone saying how good we are just yet? Does it have to be black or white with you guys?

Offline shass

• Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 22-02-2012, 10:04:36 »
It seems you cant say 'well done, but...' too much around here atm.

Offline Nerik

• Global Moderator
  • Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 22-02-2012, 10:13:04 »
OK now go and find the well done in Nos' initial post. 5 are yours when you do.

Offline shass

• Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 22-02-2012, 10:23:30 »
he said skrtel was good, 2.50? 

:)

Offline Nerik

• Global Moderator
  • Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 22-02-2012, 10:55:53 »
1.75 and not a cent more.

Offline Robser

• Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 22-02-2012, 13:31:05 »
Praise? aye well done, we hammered a shite team. its hardly anything to get excited about.
At the minute we are still having a shite season in my eyes, and i dont think we deserve an awful lot of credit just yet.
Sure, (except OT game) it looks like we might be turning a corner, but I'm still frustrated by the season we are having and am not about to start saying how good we are just yet.

But why are you frustrated and did you expect more? OK I am very frustrated too but I was more frustrated when we were signing these twats int he Summer like Downing. I knew they'd be shit and fully expected a shit frustrating season because if you sign shite players, you are not going to do well andw e signed a whole host of them for a shit load of money so I fully expected a shite frustrating season to be honest.
The fact arsenal and chelsea have also been shite is a welcome surprise (not so much arsenal, expected that) and means potentially we are still in the running for a CL spot we REALLY dont deserve.
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.

24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence?
I think not.

Offline Robser

• Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 22-02-2012, 13:33:19 »
Should finish that. So for me the most frustrating part of this season was the close season and pre season before it cause i knew we were signing the wrong guys and we were wasting money and you cant sign shit players and expect to be good. Wasting all that money was like snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, spend it wisely and we be 2nd or 3rd, let alone fighting for fourth.
So thats the main fruistation for me, the ensuing shitness of us, just compounds it but it was expected.
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.

24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence?
I think not.

Offline shass

• Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 22-02-2012, 15:32:23 »
They werent who I wanted us to sign, but I was willing to see how it played out, give them a chance first, it was more hope than belief.

Offline ManxRed

• Super OOT
  • You B*st*rds!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 22-02-2012, 17:35:46 »
OK, just back from the Divorce courts, and she's changed the locks so I'm posting this from an internet cafe.

2-1 would have been better, I might have got away with that. Although pointing out to her that her favourite Centre Back is now being referred to in the English press as Dunkin Doughnut probably didn't help either. So here I am, life in tatters, and its all YOUR FAULT CARROLL, YOU TW@T!!

Although they did score more goals than we did. Did that make her happy? No, it seemed to MAKE HER WORSE!!!

B*ll*cks.
Sometimes I use big words I don't always fully understand in an effort to make myself sound more photosynthesis.

Offline Nosferatu

• Administrator
  • Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 22-02-2012, 22:45:42 »
It seems you cant say 'well done, but...' too much around here atm.

You never really could. I did say Carroll is now absolutely brilliant, Downing is proving his critics wrong and Adam is probably the best player in the world. But no one picked up on that...

anything