Author Topic: Liverpool V Everton: League Match Thread  (Read 1105 times)

Offline Nerik

• Global Moderator
  • Super OOT
    • View Profile
Re: Liverpool V Everton: League Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: 13-03-2012, 15:01:21 »
Moyes has done well at Everton, no doubt but I hope that if we replace Kenny it would be someone with a proven track record and not just someone who placed 4-8th in all of his 10 seasons at a club and won no trophies.

Offline mouse

• Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 13-03-2012, 16:50:19 »
Moyes will just be the final nail into becoming a mid-table club

Offline shass

• Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 13-03-2012, 16:59:48 »
i wouldnt say that mouse, if he's given funds he'd do well. But I just think he's not for us, theres a bit too much history if slagging us and rafa etc,put it like this he hasnt done anything to improve club relations between us.

We should try for someone with a track record as nerik states, but they are few and far between.
We may have to have a punt on someone who deserves a shot.

Offline Fenry

• Master OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 13-03-2012, 17:33:28 »
I find it highly unlikely that one of our players will score a goal, yet one can hope.

Offline mrantarctica

• Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 13-03-2012, 19:17:42 »
Moyes is a good manager for Everton. He'd be useless for a club with big aspirations like ours. On the other hand, we're steadily progressing to become a mid table club which is why we're being linked to such managers.

Offline mrantarctica

• Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 13-03-2012, 19:18:27 »
Bellamy is the only one likely to look like scoring. I'd prefer him to be rested for the FA cup match TBH

Offline Robser

• Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 13-03-2012, 21:07:44 »
Good first half to watch, Surprised to see only 3 fouls made in the first 40 mins. Hasnt been a typical derby  in the sense of bruising challenges like most have been.
We look like conceding and think we will at some stage so we need another goal.
We are the slicker team and carroll and suarez have linked once or twice quite well. We really need a second though but toward end of first half they were getting back into it.
Kelly, Gerrard, Enrique all been very good and suarez looks dangerous all the time too.
Downing is shite
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.

24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence?
I think not.

Offline Robser

• Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 13-03-2012, 21:09:33 »
LOVELY. 2-0 Gerrard again. Suarez's running off the ball is incredible.

I think not.

Offline mouse

• Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 13-03-2012, 21:53:15 »
That lad Gerrard is fucking shite as a CM...

Offline Robser

• Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 13-03-2012, 21:56:49 »
Delighted for Gerrard. Hat trick. Great performance from him all round too, pace, power, goals, skill, desire. Everything!

Kelly as well was fantastic tonight, Enrique was good, mention for spearing also who did well. Carroll worked hard and had a good game too, especially defensively. But also linked well with suarez in parts. Suarez movement was excellent but we need more end product from him, yes he set up gerrard twice tonight, but once was cause he over ran it which he does a lot. He had a couple of chances he really should have finished and id like to see more goals from him but he is always a danger and did ok again tonight. Skertel was solid at the back again and henderson got involved and showed some signs again but also goes missing but did ok.
THe makor let down tonight, again, was downing - awful! Never beats a man, has no skill, just a nothing player really.

I think not.

Offline mouse

• Super OOT
    • View Profile

Offline mrantarctica

• Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 13-03-2012, 22:00:46 »
Gerrard, Kelly, Carroll and Suarez all had good games. The rest of our back 4 wasn't tested. Downing, Henderson and Spearing were predictably average. Good result but we need to back it up with an unbeaten stretch as well as a good cup run if we are to get anything from this season.

Offline Nosferatu

• Administrator
  • Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 13-03-2012, 22:03:15 »
He's a match winner and a player who has constantly picked wins out of nothing for us. But it shouldn't disguise the issues we have had throughout the season. It's foolish to do so because you just end up where you were before next season.

I wonder if Kelly will get a goal soon or if he is destined just never to score. My stream was acting up so unfortunately difficult for me to follow but a good win it seems.

Offline Nerik

• Global Moderator
  • Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 13-03-2012, 22:08:17 »
Good performance by the lads. Worked their socks off as a team. Gerrard was special, but Suarez, Carroll, Enrique and Kelly also did very well today for us. Good that we kept a clean sheet too. We were solid and created some lovely chances. Still need a finisher in there to play off the likes of Gerrard and Suarez.

Offline mouse

• Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 13-03-2012, 22:11:02 »
He's a match winner and a player who has constantly picked wins out of nothing for us. But it shouldn't disguise the issues we have had throughout the season. It's foolish to do so because you just end up where you were before next season.

I wonder if Kelly will get a goal soon or if he is destined just never to score. My stream was acting up so unfortunately difficult for me to follow but a good win it seems.

Not going to comment on how he bossed the CM then Nos?

Kelly scored against Chelsea in the League Cup...

anything