Author Topic: torres has psychological problems  (Read 835 times)

Offline Robser

• Super OOT
    • View Profile
Re: torres has psychological problems
« Reply #15 on: 18-03-2012, 16:58:38 »
When he left i thought he should have stayed and stuck it out for any=other year and to be honest, unlike Nos, I tink he would have made a huge difference to us and we be easily top 4 with him and suarez together. But I understand the reasons he left and think its stupid to say, he deserves all this shitness cause he left us, how dare he?!

thats just childish. I can see why he left, we were on the decline and he thought he was better than us, turns out he was right about us, but hasnt proved he was right to think he was better than us. So I understand his reason, although I was v angry at the time, but it hasnt gone as he wanted or would have liked. Had he stayed with us, we got the new investment, kenny didnt blow it on shite, and we had torres paired with suarez and the 80m we spent, if spent wisely, we be challenging. Thats not the case, instead we blew the money and paired suarez with a tool up front.
The whole fucking thing makes me sad, its a huge missed opportunity, for us mainly and torres after that. If he had of stayed and we spent the huge investment we were give that little bit better, we be right up there with city and united. Its very frustrating cause that sort of investment probably wont happen again for a while and we blew it.
Shass as for indetinfying a problem being the first step to solving it and over time solving it etc. Grand for alcoholism, drug addiction etc but for a footballer not scoring goals? No. He doesnt have time to overcome the problem either, it needs to be instant cause its a shrot career. A few goals and he be back grand, tahts all it is, a lack of confidence, nothing more!
But
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.

24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence?
I think not.

Offline mouse

• Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 18-03-2012, 19:04:56 »
 Lacking confidence is a psychological affect on sporting performance... yet it could be a lot worse than that

In fact, he actually scored two today

Offline Nosferatu

• Administrator
  • Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 18-03-2012, 20:14:06 »
Not only did he score two but he assisted in two as well. Looked very happy and the players looked happy for him. Meireles set one up for him and he set one up for Meireles. It was Leicester to be fair but this could be the turning point for him. And it could simply be Di Matteo coming out and hugging him that time. He could be telling him he's the best out of there and really trying to up his confidence. Albeit there was a bit of luck. He scuffed the first goal and it still went in.

But that's the whole point about the psychologist. Work out what's the issue with him and then form a plan to deal with that. We're not talking about any deep lying issues. It could be the training or it could be the tactics and all it takes is that one thing to put you off. That one thing to knock your confidence and make you change your game.

Also it's worth adding that he did have struggles at Athletico for a while. So it's not the first time he's had a barren spell as far as I remember. Not to this extent though.

Online Nerik

• Global Moderator
  • Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 18-03-2012, 20:33:39 »
Watched the goals. I actually think his assists, especially the 1st were more noteworthy. Schmeichel was shit for both goals as was their defence in giving him acres of space, but that is not Torres' fault after all and I am sure he will be pleased with the goals.

Offline ozzie

• Perv
  • Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 19-03-2012, 10:41:16 »
Bit painful watching torres set up meireles for that fifth.
what?

Online Nerik

• Global Moderator
  • Super OOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 19-03-2012, 10:58:15 »
Does Meireles mutilate his hair and beard in front of a mirror once a month?